List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Decision? (Re: About "Save Options" for toolbars)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-29 17:09:30

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, David Faure wrote:
> Well, this problems exists anyway, whether we save toolbar stuff
> automatically or not. Current situation :
> * "Save options" saves menubar and toolbar positions
> * "Save view profile" saves the arrangement of views in the window
> [See, it's already splitted]

I think these two should be combined into a single "Save options". Unless we
go for automatic saving of options, in which case they should all be saved
automatically.

> Proposed situation :
> * Any change to the menubar or toolbars are saved automatically and
> immediately * To save an arrangement of views, use Save view profile.
> This can't be automatic, one doesn't want that his arrangement of views for
> browsing mp3 is used when going to a web page. That's why we have profiles
> for that.

But you could save changes automatically in the current profile can't you?
When you are browsing a web-site and make a change to the views it would be
saved in the web-profile, when you are watching your mp3's and make a change
it gets saved in your mp3 profile.

Cheers,
Waldo
--