List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Khtml too slow ?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-26 9:57:39

On Die, 26 Sep 2000, Matt Koss wrote:

> Doing the same thing in konqueror, I have to wait several seconds, before the
> bottom-left frame ( the one that lists a lot of classes ) is loaded.

is that documentation local or remote?

the speed isn't that bad, it's just the current way of progressive loading
that screwes up on simple fast pages a bit. that's because only once in a
second a repaint is triggered.

and second: the "loading" is a bit slow because of the CSS stuff. It could
be made faster, but right now we're flooded with bug reports like "doesn't
work" rather than "is too slow". so fixing the rendering bugs is imho
currently more important ;)

Dirk