List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fragility
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-11 19:58:16

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 08:06:32PM -0100, Uwe Thiem wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Since I believe that all involved people are honest and accountable,
> > there must be a fundamental difference between these groups they may
> > not be aware of.
> >
> > How do we find out?
> >
> > I'm using more or less vanilla SuSE 6.4 on Intels and SuSE 6.2 on Alphas.
> > KDE is almost unusable.
>
> similar here (6.4 on AMD). Where exactly do you have instabilities? I use KDE2
> every day (14+ hours) without any problems.

I have Mandrake 7.0 and SuSE 6.3 partition on a Cyrix 6x86 P166+ w/ 64 MB of
memory.  For me KDE 2 is not as bad as it is for Uwe, but I definitely cannot
replace KDE 1.1.2 with it yet for the reasons I stated before.  Granted my
computer is an under powered 4 year old machine which by today's standard and
compared to some of the monster trucks some of you use is a baby Fiat :))

Regards,
Dawit A.
/ who desperately awaits his new machine...