List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE fragile?
From:       Charles <charles () altair ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-09-11 8:03:38

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> Matthias Elter wrote:
> > You must be living in a dream world! How do you expect KDE 2.0 to be
> > perfect? Have a look at KDE 1.0, it was far from perfect. KDE 1.1.2 is.
> > And KDE 2.1.2 will be. We have a freeze for a long time now. IMHO we have
> > to release and move on to KDE 2.0.1 and 2.1.0. Trying to make 2.0 a
> > perfect release is an illusion.
>
> Microsoft will say: "Look, they want to be more stable than we are but
> they release stuff that is known as full of heavy bugs."

Is anyone else finding it amusing that we're arguing over whether we should
release a buggy version, or a "perfect" version?

What we should do is set a day (october 1 for example, we can call it October
Knome ;).  Then we just work on the most effictive way of fixing as many bugs
as possible.

Perhaps we could have a person or two assign a bug to someone that they feel
would do such a thing well.  The hardest part for me (as a person who gets
bored and decides to fix bugs) is actually trying to find a bug to fix.
bugs.kde.org isn't as easy to navigate as one would hope.

-Charles