List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kio&kcontrol patch against hardcoded subdir paths
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-05 19:08:38

On Tue, 05 Sep 2000, David Faure wrote:
> >The other thing that I don't like about it is that you do a linear search
> > for these items. If you add an index for "basegroups" you can find them
> > much faster.
>
> Thought about that too, but I'm lost in the new ksycoca design ;-)
> Where would I do that ?

You can add a KSycocaDict to kservicegroupfactory. Just like e.g. m_nameDict
in kservicefactory.

In kbuildservicegroupfactory ::addEntry() you add the entries that you want
to put in this dictionairy (e.g. those with a non-empty basegroup). In
::saveHeader() you must save the offset of this dictionairy and in ::save()
you save the dictionairy itself.

In kservicegroup you can then add a lookup function like
KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopName.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE/Linux, Leading the Desktop Revolution.