List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: mpeglib cdrom patch....
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-08-31 22:13:56

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 11:46:48PM +0200, Martin Vogt wrote:

> Im still against enabling the BSD port.
> We are in a deep feature freeze and enabling a part in KDE
> which now builds for _one_ person who who made it
> compile on a (cutting edge?) system which is not considered to be stable

Let's not forget, I'm not in the land of shoddy non portable Linux code
shall we?  There's a semblance of sanity, in that my box is stock, and
thus resembles a -stable system enough that there shouldn't be any build
differences.  Add to that the people who ARE testing it.. and who I might
add can submit useable bug reports.

I'd also like to take this time to point out that API changes don't come
fast and furious like you might expec them to.  That said, if I thought
that it wouldn't work with a reasonable effort on 3.x or 4.x (well mebe
ignoring 3.x), I wouldn't be advocating this.

And if you wish to be pigheaded about this, that's fine with me.  However,
seeing the current state of disarray that this code *is* in, I'd like to
see someone either:

a.) remove it from the repository
b.) move it to kdenonbeta until it's brought up to par with the rest of the kde code

- alex