List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: mpeglib cdrom patch....
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-08-31 19:37:07

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 12:46:37PM +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

> Well, there is (almost) nothing that can't be made work, it just needs
> somebody doing it (and obviously you volunteered ;). Its like artsd & AIX.
> If anybody has a patch for sound output with the native AIX driver, I'd
> happily include it for KDE2.0, but I can't do one myself (no AIX here ;).

Ahh, there's enough "prior art" that something for AIX could quite
possibly be hacked up... altho it would be nice if the Qt foundation could
procure an AIX box for such purposes :)

> I also think that if it compiles and works fine on FreeBSD (or whatever else),
> then there is not much that speaks against enabling it. Nobody will ever try
> to debug the remaining problems if there isn't at least a version that
> somewhat works and installs ;)

Getting to that point.... but yes, this is why I'd like to see anything at
all questionable either enabled so it becomes visible and people want to
fix it, or get it moved to kdenonbeta so that the release isn't burdened
with it.

> As for why mpeglib_artsplug doesn't compile... I've attached a small patch

Trying that now...

- alex