List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Cursor in Line-edits in HTML pages.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-30 18:40:50

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Die, 29 Aug 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > Line edits in HTML pages (as part of forms) do not show a blinking
> > > cursor when the focus is moved to them with "TAB". Also buttons do not
> > > indicate that they have keyboard focus.
> >
> > because they don't have (in fact). ;-)
> >
> > I'm not sure how focus handling is implemented in khtml, so I don't know
> > when to call setFocus on the widgets. Lars?
>
> They seem to get focus. I added debug statements to slotFocused /
> slotBlurred in render_form and setFocus in QWidget:
>
> QWidget::setFocus() this = 0x8129398, name = view widget, class = KHTMLView
> QWidget::setFocus() this = 0x81ce7c0, name = unnamed, class =
> khtml::TextAreaWidget
> slotFocused: this = 0x81ce730, className = khtml::RenderTextArea
> QWidget::setFocus() this = 0x81d99d8, name = unnamed, class =
> khtml::TextAreaWidget
> slotBlurred: this = 0x81ce730, className = khtml::RenderTextArea
>
> > I will look into it..
>
> Yippie.

I just noticed these in render_form.h: (I had only looked in *.cpp files up
to now):

    virtual void focusInEvent(QFocusEvent *)
        { emit focused(); }
    virtual void focusOutEvent(QFocusEvent *)
        { emit blurred(); }

Seems they need to call QMultiLineEdit::focusInEvent as well.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE/Linux, made for people, made by people.