List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Life beyond 2.0
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-28 8:55:59

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 01:15:21 +0200, Antonio Larrosa wrote:

>> > We release code, translators release translations. Otoh, we sometimes
>> I'm afraid our definitions of 'we' differ very much in this context
>>

>Well, I use to include translators when I say "we" meaning the KDE project
>(they're part of the project anyway as much as you or me) but this time
>I was talking just about the developers as we're on kde-core-_devel_ .
>Perhaps I should have said "developers" instead of "we", but I thought
>that "we" (as in "the people from this list") are all developers.
>
>Sorry if any translator felt "excluded" because of my comment, which
>wasn't my intention at all.

I trust you. ;) But as a matter of fact, translators _are_ excluded
from most of these discussions since hardly anybody ever CCs to their
list even if problems are discussed which are of vital importance to
them. You can't expect the translation guys to wade through all the
devel stuff in order to find those issues themselves.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/