List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Life beyond 2.0
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antonio () larrosa ! org>
Date:       2000-08-27 23:15:21

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> >
> > Alex Zepeda wrote:

> > > Then perhaps a new version should be released changes or no.  This way the
> > > version number will be consistant.
> > >

> > IMHO the proposal will make things much more complicated for users
> > unless we do as Alex says, and we release _every_ package each time.
> >
> > But then, what is the benefit of this proposal ?
> >
> > Are we really going to stop releasing an improved kdenetwork because it
> > doesn't have a complete translation ? I don't think this is the way to
> > go.
> >
> > We release code, translators release translations. Otoh, we sometimes
> I'm afraid our definitions of 'we' differ very much in this context

Well, I use to include translators when I say "we" meaning the KDE project
(they're part of the project anyway as much as you or me) but this time
I was talking just about the developers as we're on kde-core-_devel_ .
Perhaps I should have said "developers" instead of "we", but I thought
that "we" (as in "the people from this list") are all developers.

Sorry if any translator felt "excluded" because of my comment, which
wasn't my intention at all.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez