List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror <-> clipboard <-> klipper
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-08-27 0:17:19

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 12:52:21AM +0100, Richard Moore wrote:

Hi,

> My understanding was that since the clipboard was handled using
> X properties that you could detect changes by asking for a
> property changed event. There may be something I'm missing,
> I've bought the O'Reilly XLib book so I'll see if it has
> anything relevent.

would be great if you find something out.

> Yes, my patch was bogus. The problem was that I had some old
> autoconf info somewhere which was disabling the run time type
> info - since the code used dynamic_cast it crashed. Doing a
> complete cvs-clean sorted things out.

good.

> The KNotify stuff is a great idea, but at the moment it is
> crippled by missing features. There are a bunch of things
> that I'd like to see added in 2.1, do you know who is working
> on this?

Christian Esken started knotify a while ago, Charles overtook development
and is maintaining it right now.

What features do you have in mind? Starting user-defined programs per
event would be nice (Charles just implemented that, although delayed for
2.1), or playing the message thru festival.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/