List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror <-> clipboard <-> klipper
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-08-25 8:46:56

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> qwertz had a nice observation: when rendering a big html-file like
> cvsbook.html, klipper and X take a significant amount of CPU (30% X, 20%
> klipper), so konqueror is left with very little CPU time. Note: this only
> happens with konq, not testkhtml. Once the file is rendered completely,
> klipper and X go back to normal business.
>
> klipper polls kapp->clipboard() and checks for changes once a second, and
> top shows that it is indeed idle between two checks. It only consumes
> 20% CPU when doing the check. X on the other hand burns CPU cycles all the
> time.

I have had this experience with khexedit as well (I think :) Move the cursor
with the arrow keys, then select an area (it will be automatically copied) and
then try to move the cursor again. On my machine that was (tested two weeks
ago) not a very pleasant experience when klipper was running in the background.
The problem vanished once I closed klipper.

--
Espen Sand