List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: a few questions
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-22 8:43:34

Espen Sand wrote:

> Hi, some questions. I am (pretty) busy elsewhere so I need to
> ask even though I am sure the answers are in the lists somehwere:
>
> For how long is the patch reviewing scheme going to last? Will
> it do so until the final release?

AFAIK yes.

> Is it so that only a few persons have write access at the moment?
> (ok, I can easily check that myself I'll guess, but I prefer a written answer :)

No. Everyone _can_ commit, but we all kindly ask to
keep the rules Coolo/mhk set up (i.e. peer reviewing)

> The reason for these questions is that I have too little time to read
> the maillists very frequently at the moment so the patch-discuss-commit
> sequence becomes pretty difficult for me.

For non critical fixes and one-liners it's also allowed
to just commit and include the diff in the log (if it's
not too long). Maybe this helps you at least for some
small fixes ;)

--
Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com