List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reflexion about the message freeze...
From:       Hasso Tepper <hasso () estpak ! ee>
Date:       2000-07-31 12:21:12

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> The message freeze itself isn't 100% strict, but we should
> definitly think three times before we change anything. The translators
> will finish their first run somewhen and will then proofread the
> translations.
> One or two new messages a day aren't the problem in that phase, but
> 10-15 become already real work and you _have_ to proofread somewhen and to
> translate it somewhen too. And if developers think, it can be done in a week, they
> should try.

I personally have nothing against adding messages if it is necessary. Untranslated
strings are bugs, typos are bugs, missing strings are bugs etc.

But please, developers, make it clear for translators which apps will be relased
with KDE2 and which not. If they will be not relased, move these to the kdenonbeta.

I'm reading this mail - http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=96411006430156&w=2

Now look at cvs. Kpaint is still there in kdegraphics, kfax is still there etc.

And what about other modules? Will be all apps in kdeadmin released with kde2?
Kdeutils? Kdegames?

regards,

Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team