List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: metaunloading problem
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-07-30 2:21:21

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, David Faure wrote:

> (I guess there's no guarantee on the order of the global destructors, right ?)
>
> Still can't find why this happens :(

Right, this is system dependant (well rtld dependant anyways), so it's
pretty much up to the runtime objects.  If I'm not mistaken Linux and
Solaris (and hence most of the ELF implementations) do things one way, and
most have followed.

What about trying to guarantee correct order by destructing things in the
unload function (is there some sort of library specific ltdl_unload
function of sorts mebe?)?

- alex