List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konqy problem "fixed"..
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-24 10:22:58

On Son, 23 Jul 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Ok, repeated what you did with dmalloc and electric fence and was able to
> find two problems that might explain your problems:

Well, the problem is not that it does out of bounds access,
the problem is that it reads some parts of the newly allocated stuff
uninitialized, i.e. it assumes that the field is zero while it is
not for Alex (as he initializes with 0x0d)

As far as I know neither dmalloc nor electric fence can handle that.

Dirk