List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kiconloader question/problem
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-07-24 10:08:34

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> I believe in this case the right thing would be to load the 22x22 icon
> and scale it down to 16x16 (better than displaying the "unknown" one in
> the menu ;-)

Ok, it now matches the 22x22 icon (delta w has a maximum of 6 now).

Scaling icons is not a good idea. This makes them ugly, and in a lot of
cases, the icons don't have exactly the size which their directory implies.
For example, the aoleft icon is actually 19 pixels. If we would scale
these, we'd need to scale a lot of icons.

> As far as I debugged the problem it seems that the 22x22 icon theme dir
> in the KIconTheme::iconPath method was processed after testing 16x16 and
> 32x32. And that point dw and delta were both zero -> it returned without
> a loaded icon. (for the kpresenter-locolor KIconTheme)

The logic in iconPath was false Dirk, if you fix a compiler warning,
be sure to keep the logic the same :-)

> Any ideas? :)

It should be fixed now.

Greetings,