List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kab (Was: Re[2]: __ bug in kmail)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-06 21:42:52

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000, Mirko Sucker wrote:
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Sergey Zhitomirsky wrote:
> > > Full output :

> Ahm, people, please calm down...
> Creating this backup is merely a feature in beta phase. It ensures that if
> your program wracks your database because it is broken, you may restore it.
> It may be disabled in kab->Edit->Preferences for the addressbook, now. In
> the final program, it will be disabled by default.
> Is that OK for you?

It doesn't have to be ok for me. I just find it strange to save a database
when it hasn't been changed.

> Anyway, I wonder why it takes a long time for ou to load, Waldo. How large
> is your address database?

It doesn't take a long time to load. (I have about 2 entries) KMail takes
long to startup (a lot of applications suffer from that) and saving a
database on startup contributes to that. I consider that poor design.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!