On Thu, 06 Jul 2000, Mirko Sucker wrote: > Waldo Bastian wrote: > > On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Sergey Zhitomirsky wrote: > > > Full output : > > .... > Ahm, people, please calm down... > Creating this backup is merely a feature in beta phase. It ensures that if > your program wracks your database because it is broken, you may restore it. > It may be disabled in kab->Edit->Preferences for the addressbook, now. In > the final program, it will be disabled by default. > Is that OK for you? It doesn't have to be ok for me. I just find it strange to save a database when it hasn't been changed. > Anyway, I wonder why it takes a long time for ou to load, Waldo. How large > is your address database? It doesn't take a long time to load. (I have about 2 entries) KMail takes long to startup (a lot of applications suffer from that) and saving a database on startup contributes to that. I consider that poor design. Cheers, Waldo -- Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!