List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Wish List obsolete?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-07-06 8:39:57

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 10:27:56AM +0200, Peter Putzer wrote:

> Am I correct in the assumption that the Wish List on
> http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/service/wishlist/ has been obsoleted by
> http://bugs.kde.org?
>
> I tried to close a wish that I've fulfilled in KSysV, but the maintainer
> hasn't responded in a month, so I guess the site is dead.
>
> We should remove the link from the main KDE page!

Hmm, I had some contacts with the maintainer, like 6 months ago.
He told me he had plans for the site (very importantly, making it
easy for maintainers to close wishes without him having to do it etc.)
but he also told me he was lacking time.

The idea of letting users vote for important wishes is a good one -
but the redundancy with bugs.kde.org and the lack of e-mail
notifications doesn't make it easy for developers... The real best
solution would be that he interfaces his site with bugs.kde.org...

I don't know what we should do, then. Maybe remove the link until the
site is interfaced with bugs.kde.org (or at least has support for
e-mail notifications and closing items by mail) ?
But if we do that, I doubt it will ever happen.

Cc'ed the maintainer... in hope for an answer :-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org