List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: LinuxTag impressions
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () conectiva ! com ! ar>
Date:       2000-07-05 17:16:14

On 5 Jul 2000, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> Roberto Alsina <ralsina@conectiva.com.ar> writes:
> | > Jesper: Could you get in contact with Bernd Gehrmann about the reg
> | > expression widget we talked about ? I´d like to have this into KDevelop
> | > if possible, that would be another dead-or-alive feature ;-)
> |
> | I am doing one for a maildrop frontend, but if someone else makes one,
> | I'll gladly stop (and quick, because mine is no good so far ;-)
> May I see what you got so far, so I can get an idea of what your approach
> to the problem was?

I just checked out yours, and it's way more powerful. I was just aiming
for simple regexps, like "contains [xyz]".

> As Kalle points out, I'm working on a Regular Expression builder widget.
>
> Currently it is located in kdenonbeta/tdg/Examples/RegExpDialog
> but dont get this wrong, it will be a widget, placing it there is just to
> make it easier for myself while developing.
>
> You may also see screen dumps on
> http://www.imada.sdu.dk/~blackie/KDE/regexp-widget/
>
> I am *very* interested in hearing other peoples idea and opinions regarding
> this widget, and whether you think it will be useful.

I do think it will be useful, and it looks damn nice. What kind of regexps
does it generate?

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director técnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul