List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: More about config backends
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () conectiva ! com ! ar>
Date:       2000-07-04 18:39:54

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Matthias Kalle Dalheimer wrote:

> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 01:00:43PM -0300, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there any test program for kconfig? I am trying to do some backend
> > > coding, and it would be nice if there was an automated test suite, so I
> > > know I am doing things right :-)
> > >
> > As for any other kdelibs class:
> > kdelibs/kdecore/tests/kconfigtest.*
>
> <HistoryMadePractical>
> Actually, this little program is the very first KDE application. Back in
> October 1996, when I wrote KConfig as the first class in KDE, I wrote
> this as a test case, so this claim is reasonably valid. This was before
> KApplication even existed (which I wrote after KConfig when it turned
> out that using KConfig standalone was too difficult - in the beginning
> KApplication was not more than the getConfig() method (today config())
> and some private support code...
> </HistoryMadePractical>

Hey, neat :-)

Getting back to code, the KConfigBackend API is a bit too file oriented,
but that's easy to accept (say, use the "filename" as a path in LDAP, that
kind of thing ;-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director técnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul