List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reflexion about NetAccess (enter_loop/exit_loop)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-28 10:31:40

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 12:23:20PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Yes :-)
> >
> > Note that NetAccess was written with the opposite in mind: it keeps
> > track of a list of temp files, for simultaneous downloads. This will
> > go away at the same time, AFAICS.
> >
> How was this supposed to work? I always thought the list of temp files
> is for deleting at the very end of the application in case noone called
> removeTempFile

No. It was (is) only used as a sanity check in removeTempFile,
so that it doesn't remove a file it didn't create as a temp file,
and so that calling removeTempFile after download when the URL
is in fact local, does nothing (as expected).
But this discussion shows that a single static QString * is good enough
for that.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org