List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    semantics of symlinks on nfs
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-06-26 20:04:06

Hi,

I don't know exactly how to handle symlinks in exported nfs-filesystems.
Usually nfs exports are mounted, so they have an absolute position in the
filesystem.
Maybe I should try to stat absolute nfs-symlinks locally, but if the
symlink is a relative one (not starting with /) search it in the nfs filesystem
and create an error if the ..'s leave the nfs filesystem ?

Hmm, strange.

Any hints ?

Bye
Alex