List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    feature request to kwin.
From:       "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-26 6:38:04

Matthias Ettrich <ettrich@trolltech.com> writes:

| During the last two weeks, we finally managed to do some things that were
| really missing in KDE-2 so far, mainly on the window manager / desktop
| integration.
<SNIP>

Hi.

First let me say thank you for all your work on KWin (This goes to all kwin
developer).

The following is a few feature requests, which you may discard, ignore,
follow, or what ever you want. I just want to make sure that you are not
saying to me: "Too late" if I wait with them ;-)

- Its still not possible to circle around the desktops without showing the
  CTRL-tab window. (that is "switch one desktop window to the
  left/right/up/down" from KDE 1)

- It would be nice if the ALT-TAB and CTRL-Tab functionality could be bound
  to other keys.

- It is still not possible to bind lower/raise window to a key.

- When clicking on a lowered window, it doesn't raise though I've bound the
  clicking to do that.

- There still seems to be problem with focus when changing windows with
  Alt-TAB (It might be me, but when changing window with Alt-tab I expect
  the new window to get focus, even if this means that my mouse pointer has
  to move to the window)

- If you reconfigure the taskbar (is that what it is called? - the one
  showing the windows), then existing windows are not shown anymore.

- It could be nice if it was possible to design you own menus accessible
  from the background using mouse buttons. That way I would define an "xon
  menu" with all the hosts I often login to, and this menu would be bound
  to say, Ctrl-RMB on the background.

- And finally a bug I had some years ago - It might not exists any more, or
  might not even be a problem of KWIN: When I shift focus from my studies
  to my hacking, then I seen to be stuck, that is, its very hard to get the
  focus back....Maybe we need an additional focus policy ;-)

Kind Regards Jesper.