List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Key dialog and actions
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-25 19:35:23

Currently, kkeydialog shows all actions. *All*. This includes konqueror's bookmarks.
While it's kinda cool to be able to associate a keybinding with http://www.kde.org :-),
it makes the dialog very hard to use if you have many bookmarks.

* I thought about renaming those actions to "Bookmark: <title>" but
kkeydialog uses action's names, and we don't want to show that in the bookmark
menu ;-). Maybe what we need is another "name" variable ?

* Alternatively, we could forget about that very special feature (binding a bookmark),
and add a way to mark an action as "not to be shown in the key dialog".

Opinions ?

Any solution requires a change in KAction... that's why I bring this up, before
the libs are frozen.

Other problem with kkeydialog: a ':' in the action name breaks it, since it uses
it as a delimiter. KSplitList definitely sucks. Is it in anyone's plans to
convert this to [QK]ListView ? I don't know enough QListView. Somebody else
could it a lot faster than me :-). Pleeease ! :-)

http://home.clara.net/faure/, http://www.konqueror.org/