List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    problems with POP3 kioslave
From:       Daniel Naber <dnaber () mini ! gt ! owl ! de>
Date:       2000-06-05 18:36:44

Hi,

there's still a serious problem with the pop3 kioslave. It happens with
kmail but I can reproduce it with kioslavetest as well.

I have 2 POP3 accounts, one is at my ISP (using Cubic Circle's v1.31)
and it's working well.

The other one is not in a local network (thus slower; using QPOP 2.53).
For some weeks this account only works in 10% of my tries. The error is
always "Cannot connect to host" and the debugging output is always like
this:

kioslavetest: kio_uiserver registered
kioslavetest: Scheduling job
kioslavetest: Scheduler Info
kioslavetest: ==========
kioslavetest: Total Slaves: 0
kioslavetest: Idle Slaves: 0
kioslavetest: Jobs in Queue: 1
kioslavetest:  Job: pop3://danieln:XXX@mail.fractales.de:110/index
kioslavetest: createSlave for
pop3://danieln:XXX@mail.fractales.de:110/index
kioslavetest: PID of slave = 812
kioslavetest: scheduler: job started 0x80b2f68
kioslavetest: slave has connected to application
kioslavetest: got answer 102
kioslavetest: error 23 mail.fractales.de
kioslavetest: Scheduler: job finished job = 0x80b2f68 pid = 812
kioslavetest: got answer 109
kioslavetest: slave status
kioslavetest: Slave = 0x80b5100 (PID = 812) protocol = pop3 host = [None]
Not connected

Note that this is the same output and error I get when I enter a wrong
password (perhaps there should be "Accedd denied" instead?). I changed
the password (no special characters) but that didn't help.

they're using diffenerent POP servers and that the one that's not
working is slower due to my connection (but not *that* slow).

Any ideas?

Regards
 Daniel