List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kwin progress - finally !
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-06-04 15:29:34

Am Son, 04 Jun 2000 schrieb Matthias Elter:
> On Sun, 04 Jun 2000, mosfet wrote:
> > Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> > > While I appreciate your efforts, I'm wondering why you implemented yet
> > > another temporary solution?  What's the point in negotiating standards if
> > > we don't follow them? With the same effort, you could have implement the
> > > NET_WM_STRUT hints instead of your own, and slightly different, AVOID
> > > hint.
> >
> > Erm, perhaps because users have been requesting these things for months
> > and the one person on the KDE team actively involved in the WM-SPEC team
> > never responds to the requests - much less implements them... :P I
> > personally am getting sick of telling users that the feature they want
> > is probably covered under the WM-SPEC but no one is implementing it.

I really don't think I'm the only one who is capable of implementing the specs.

The current version is available at
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/

> IMHO the problem is not that Matthias currently does not seem to have the
> time to implement them but that he does not keep kde-core-devel up to date on
> the status of the WM specs. Matthias: Please send us status updates from time
> to time. Thanks :)

The URL is above. As I said, Bradley is working on C++ classes *right*now*
(sitting 4 meters away from me) and we'll put it into blackbox, kwin and
kdelibs when they are done.

Matthias