List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Speed of libDCOP was: Cool Helix startup [Fwd: K-ARTIST:Startup?]
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-30 19:01:02

#if Harri Porten

> Sure. Nobody was going to touch libDCOP. But nobody volunteered for
> writing the bindings either. That's why Rik's work might be an "ignition
> spark" for that task .

I added dcopc.(h|c) in kdelibs/dcop and set the makefile to build a
library called libDCOPC. kmapnotify now links to this. Seems to work
quite well. I'm not really used to writing C, so it might look a little
odd, but you can now send a signal to a DCOP-enabled app from a C
program, by linking in this tiny library. No Qt required. Seems like
a Good Thing IMHO.

Rik