#if Harri Porten > Sure. Nobody was going to touch libDCOP. But nobody volunteered for > writing the bindings either. That's why Rik's work might be an "ignition > spark" for that task . I added dcopc.(h|c) in kdelibs/dcop and set the makefile to build a library called libDCOPC. kmapnotify now links to this. Seems to work quite well. I'm not really used to writing C, so it might look a little odd, but you can now send a signal to a DCOP-enabled app from a C program, by linking in this tiny library. No Qt required. Seems like a Good Thing IMHO. Rik