List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kwrite
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-24 10:53:32

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 02:37:24PM +0200, Capricelli Thomas wrote:

> > any compatibility. However I (personally) think it does not make sense to
> > have the embeddable component in kdelibs and the standalone shell in
> > kdeutils, given the fact that the shell code is just a few lines of code.
>
> 	I agree the standalone shell and the part should be together. But why should
> they be in kdelibs ?
>
> 	In my understanding, kdelibs should only have important 'core' things. My
> proposal is to put only the ktexteditor.* in kdelibs, while kwritepart and
> the standalone kwrite would be put in kdebase (because the texteditor service
> is a 'base' service)

I agree with this.

> 	As about where to put ktexteditor.* in kdelibs, I think it should go into
> kdelibs/kpart or kdelibs/services ( if we want to propose other 'base'
> services than texteditor in the futur)

Or kdelibs/interfaces, where browserextension.h was originally ;-)
It's been moved so that some methods could be implemented in a source
file, part of libkparts. It would be interesting to evaluate whether
the same thing will be needed with ktexteditor. Simon ? :)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org