List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kwrite
From:       Capricelli Thomas <capricel () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2000-05-24 12:37:24

> any compatibility. However I (personally) think it does not make sense to
> have the embeddable component in kdelibs and the standalone shell in
> kdeutils, given the fact that the shell code is just a few lines of code.

	I agree the standalone shell and the part should be together. But why should
they be in kdelibs ?

	In my understanding, kdelibs should only have important 'core' things. My
proposal is to put only the ktexteditor.* in kdelibs, while kwritepart and
the standalone kwrite would be put in kdebase (because the texteditor service
is a 'base' service)

	As about where to put ktexteditor.* in kdelibs, I think it should go into
kdelibs/kpart or kdelibs/services ( if we want to propose other 'base'
services than texteditor in the futur)

cheers,
Thomas