List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Status of kdenetwork module
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-19 0:17:59

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 09:43:34AM -0500, mosfet wrote:
>
> Hiya,
>
> > DCC the last time I checked, and closing a channel window.
>
> thanks, will have a look. Didn't have problems closing channels, tho.
>
> > As far as interface, I know some people prefer ksirc but AFAIK they are
> > in a vast minority. Most users I see on places like efnet using Linux
> > clients are either using kvirc or gtk's irc - despite the fact that
> > ksirc is already installed on their system. They just don't like it. Not
>
> [...]
>
> this is exactly what I said, kvirc being in a much better shape. I'll try
> to fix bugs in ksirc, maybe add some dialogs here and there, but I'm not
> going to make it anything like kvirc.

No problem. If your mucking around there and taking feature requests about
the UI let me know tho ;-)

> As I said, I'm fine with shipping any of them (only the kvirc <-> CVS
> problem to be solved), but why not ship both? They seem to have a
> different scope, so it's not completely unreasonable, IHMO.

Well, because currently one's busted. If you want to fix it of course go for
it, but I would of liked kvirc to have been able to be considered. Moot point
anyways if Simon won't develop it in CVS.

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org