List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Still problems with Qt layouts
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-05-18 19:58:07

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Mirko Sucker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I still have a problem using Qt layouts: I use a GridLayout for
> multicolumn widgets with different sublayouts. The only thing I want to
> achieve now is to have three "main" columns of equal width.
> I tried different ways (setting the column stretch factor etc), but the
> first row is alway wider than the others.
> Is there a known way to get this done finally?
>
> For the code and its look, see kdeutils/kab/look_edit_tabperson.cc and
> kdeutils/kab/look_edit_tabaddresses.cc (constructors). To view it, run
> the current kab and switch to the editing view (View->Editing).

Ok, I have made an attempt. The columns now have the same width
by default. Some comments:

1) I removed the "add" and "delete" pixmaps and used text indead. Pixmaps may be
nice but text is easier to understand.

2) I removed the arrow pixmap because it is hard to get the pixmap button and
the textfield left to it to use the same height.

3) I don't like that the left edge of the "assignment", "street" and
"contry" lineedits move to the right when the dialog is made wider. Some
redesign is needed avoid that.

and yes, the initial/minimum size of the dialog is somehow wrong. I have not
looked into that yet.

--
Espen Sand