List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail addressbook broken
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-05-14 14:09:32

Hi Mirko,

I will update kdelibs/kab and try your changes again.

I do want to retain support for the current address book as an option, this is
important, please accept this.

I haven't discarded your modifications I will analyse them further tomorrow
(it's late here) and see if I can alter them so that both the kab GUI and the
old address book GUI is supported. (I'm okay with storing all entries using
libkab though).

> > Auto-completion of email address is broken.
>
> This is as I need some feedback what to provide to you. Merely: where do
> I have to put the set of all email addresses in the database? Then it
> should work again.

kmcomposewin.cpp
void KMLineEdit::slotCompletion()

It is not good for KMail to depend on kdeutils for the address book to work.
This is a good reason for retaning support for the exisiting GUI.

Once the port of KMail to KAB is completed successfully I will have to include
the KAB GUI as part of KMail when KMail is eventually packaged as its own
module (similarly with the pop3 kioslave in kdebase).

I will probably get the address book GUI I wrote into a usable form and port it
to libkab, so this will mean KMail will support 3 address books GUIs all using
libkab (isn't that nice).

Eventually I want to support those 'esoteric' address book options, after KDE2
is released.

Finally don't get me wrong, it's just I'm very protective of KMail like to see
it kept in good working order. (This is because it took a lot of effort to get
it working again).

BFN,
Don.