List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE address book support in kmail
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-14 7:26:07

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Mirko Sucker wrote:
> Hello,
> on saturday, I hacked support in kmail to use the KDE address book, kab.

On that same saturday it got removed again (by Don Sanders) because it
introduced about 8 message boxes when kmail started. I moved the templates
from kdeutil to kdelibs/kab and did some cleanup in kdelibs/kab to get rid of
the 8 message boxes, so maybe you can try it again :-)

> If you never used kab, the best way to test is:
> ° use the kab version from KDE 1.x to create some different addresses in
> it
> ° run the current cvs version and import your kab 1 database (this way
> circumvents the different bugs in the GUI of the cvs version)
> ° now run the updated kmail from the cvs, create a new message and click
> on the "..." button to select an address
> ° from a mailer window displaying a message, right-click on an email
> address and choose add to addressbook, you either add this email address
> to an existing entry or create a new one
>
> What do you say?

Yippie... feature request time :-)

* Could you try to guess the First/Last name from the email-address?
* It would be nice to be able to add the "To", "Cc", etc. fields when you are
composing a message to the addressbook as well. (Via the RMB menu)

Did I see it correct that kab still uses STL?

Cheers,
Waldo