List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail status w/addressbook
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-05-11 15:32:12

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Daniel Naber wrote:

Hi,

> Does KLineEdit offer multiple alternatives if there's more than one match?

yes, there's a shortcut for that (forgot which one, just have a look at
kstdaccel.h or the global shortcuts config).

> Are these alternatives visible at the same time (thy should)?

Not yet, we thought about some sort of popup list, but there is none yet.

> It's not so easy to use KComboBox, because we use cursor down to move
> to the next field, and KComboBox uses cursor down to iterate through the list.

Yes, this would be a combined completion and history option, KComboBox
should handle this as well (I'm not 100% sure if Dawit already committed
this, but it is supposed to work in the kde2 release).

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/