List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Beta Release Schedule v2
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-06 1:23:48

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 12:11:00AM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if David Faure
> > > It doesn't show number of messages either.
> > That could be a flag in kbiff. Icon or number.
>
> Actually, I just noticed it's shown on the tooltip.
>
> > They live happily in kdebase/kioslave - as happy as a slave can be :/
>
> Heh, I'm sure they weren't there last time I looked ;)

-zsh- dfaure 2:22 /mnt/devel/kde/kde2/kdebase/kioslave>ls -d pop3 imap4
imap4  pop3

> > Hmmm... for the use I make of korn I don't need that at all.
> > The mailboxes are local...
>
> Ok... but ioslaves make sense, yes ? Less app code, async.

I doubt you check new mail on a local mailbox the same way as you
do over POP. At all. Even with the KIO abstraction, it's still very different.
-> not less app code. But async pop implemented by the slave, definitely.

http://home.clara.net/faure/