List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kfontmanager and kikbd
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2000-05-02 8:00:42

Hi

There was talk about moving kfontmanager to kdeutils recently. The current
situation is: All available fonts are made available to KDE's font dialog by
default but you can use kfontmanager to cut down on that list. As this does not
make much sence to me and kfontmanager definitely is no kdebase application as
it's not required to run a full KDE desktop it should be moved to kdeutils.
David can you do this by moving the files on the server so we don't lose the
history?

kikbd does not work/compile currently. It looks like quite some work would be
necessary to make it ready for 1.90. If I got Cristian right he does not have
the time to do this now so we should perhaps consider moving kikbd to kdeutils,
too. This gives us more time to fix kikbd as it does not have to be in a
useable state for 1.90. Also IMHO kikbd does not really qualify as a kdebase
app. Switching the keyboard layout is a important feature and I for one really
miss kikbd but you can run a full KDE desktop without it.

Bye,
Matthias

--
Matthias Elter