List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.90 release plan looking towards KDE 2.0
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-01 20:46:31

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:00:52 -0500 (EST), pbrown@redhat.com wrote:

>KDE 2.0 Release Plan
>--------------------
>[...]

>Milestone Name			Completion Date	Percent Complete	Coordinator
>kdelibs frozen		     	March 30		80%			Kurt Granroth
>documentation complete	  	April 15		70%			??? (volunteer)
>kdebase frozen		    	April 21		60%			??? (volunteer)
>translations complete		April 30		??			??? (volunteer)

The status of translations as of this morning can be seen on
http://i18n.kde.org/teams/kde2-beta-status.html.

According to this statistics we now have 15 teams above 90% translated
messages in desktop.po, kdelibs.po and kdebase: Catalan, Danish,
German, Spanish, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian (also
Nynorsk), Portugese, Romanian, Slovenian, Swedish, and Turkish. There
are others that are almost there like Italian, Estonian, Croatian, and
Simplified Chinese.

The statistics also notes if the desktop file is already in Unicode
format (UTF-8). Even some of the most complete languages still have not
come around to convert their stuff.

BTW: The statistics was manually done and with figures that changed
continually. So I would suggest that every team checks if I got their
figures right.

Regards,

Thomas

---