List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker positioning fast hack to obey bland law of fitts
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-30 21:16:20

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 11:03:31PM +0200, Dirk A . Mueller wrote:
> On Sam, 29 Apr 2000, tibirna@kde.org wrote:
>
> > Well, I kinda like the highlighting of UI elements (UIe).
>
> I find it cute too. But those highlighting on mouse over needs mouse
> tracking turned on, which produces a lot of event messages by the server and
> therefore slows down everything. Especially over network is this so
> fscking slow that it looks very bad. So I like a fast GUI more than a cute
> one ;)

Interesting - I thought tracking mouse movement wasn't such a problem.
Remember that all toolbar buttons do so too, even if for nothing
(i.e. even if they don't do anything when you have the mouse over them).

So I guess this is a problem for you too ? In this case, KToolbarButton could
be improved a bit - by tracking mouse movement only when necessary - and
not at all if that highlight stuff is disabled.

http://home.clara.net/faure/