List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: While were making controversial suggestions... ;)
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-28 23:19:35

#if Michael Matz
> As I said you can click into the menu bar, and nothing moves. Of course
> the correct solution would be that the first activating click is not
> handed down to the application, as it has a different purpose having
> nothing to do with the application itself, and therefore should not even
> noticed by the application.

Hmm, just have to take issue with this slightly. If you want to press
a button in a window, it is faster to be able to simply press that
button instead of clicking to focus then clicking again, so 'correct'
is more a matter of preference. The option to pass the click in is
configurable in KDE already of course.

> "Totschlagargument"
-> Universal truth / Irrefutable argument

> _Don't provide any defaults at all_

Hmm, why not ? Sounds reasonable, given...

> I'm serious. In the beginning wizard, the user can choose some things, and
> we provide _no_ default, so he has to make a decision at least one time in
> his life. We could even explain why users might want to choose this or
> that (talking about pros and cons).

Yes, it sounds even better with the explanation thing.

Rik