List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Decision Making (was Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default)]
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-28 11:47:42

Don Sanders wrote:

...snip...
> There is still the problem that for some issues, everyone has an opinion,
> people have different immutable opinions, and no one has more technical
> expertise than every one else. In these cases unstructured discussions are
> often unproductive. Unlike mosfet I think this does happen.

Just curious, when do you think an issue discussed here has not been
able to be resolved? I think the developers have been pretty good at
coming up with a consensus about most decisions. I'm intrested to hear
when you don't think this has occurred.

Unstructured discussion is the only way things are going to happen in
free software, where most things are done in people's free time for fun
;-) This has worked pretty well so far.

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org