List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-28 0:59:41

#if Carsten Pfeiffer
> Add Xemacs, xfig, lyx and any wine-app. Hmm, concerning the lyx, does
> it work with KDE1 and KDE2 applications? I.e. would klyx (kde1) put the
> menubar on top as well?

Er, I was talking about apps that _users_ use. Wine apps are a different
story. They look and act like Windows apps, that's just the way they work.
XEmacs is not an editor that 'users' use. lyx is ported to KDE. xfig
is, well, disgusting. I can hardly understand it myself, never mind
your 'average' user.

The point: What do people actually use outside of KDE ? Is there a huge
number of apps, enough that we really should think about being 'compatible' ?

I say no.

Rik