List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Tear-off handles for KPopupMenu
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-27 10:28:45

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 12:58:20PM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have patched KPopupMenu to insert a tear-off menu in all non-toplevel menus. \
> Similar to single/double click this is of course a KGlobalSetting.
> A tear-off handle is a special menu item, that - when selected - creates a copy of \
> the menu. This "torn off" copy lives in a separate window. It contains the same \
> choices as the original menu, with the exception of the tear-off handle.
> Problem: Only a few kdebase apps are using KPopupMenu instead of QPopupMenu right \
> now. This should be changed for consistency reasons.
> Especially the XML GUI stuff should be fixed to use KPopupMenu.

That's interesting - Simon had other plans for using tear-off
handles in the XMLGUI ;-)
I like your way, though. But for it to work with the XMLGUI stuff,
it has to "hide" the fact that there is a toolbar handle,
in terms of position ("index").
(The XML-GUI stuff uses positions quite intensively, so it
would get confused if an unknown item has position 0...)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org