List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: App start is too slow (looooong)
From:       "Dirk A . Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-27 10:47:54

On Don, 27 Apr 2000, Geert Jansen wrote:

> > constructing the icon loader takes up as many time as
> 50 ms, that's a blink of an eye... Let's first kill the 2s relocation
> time as measured by Michael Matz.

did Michael Matz also measure the 50ms ? AFAIK No. So you cannot compare
those numbers. ("it takes 2s to relocate on a 386, but 50ms to load the
icons with a PIII-1000MHz, so you see that icon loading is definitely not
the problem").

I know very well of the relocating problem. But this is very hard to fix,
because we don't even know where it comes from plus any fix besides kdeinit
is hardly portable. Therefore I'd like to fix things that are much easier to
do and definitely portable before.

Dirk