List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: SOLVED: Re: klauncher prob
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-24 13:13:06

Christopher Molnar wrote:

> Problem solved...
>
> I was missing the /etc/hosts file on my laptop. This is why things didn't
> load, why does klauncher depend on a hosts file to be present????

Because it wants to determine the fqdn. Well, actually, gethostbyname()
it the one who depends on it.

Should we change klauncher to use the hostname, possibly giving strange
results when multiple hosts have the same name, or do we break broken
systems?

Greetings,
 --
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>