List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Negative review of koffice..
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-20 9:07:43

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 11:58:09AM +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > It's called koffice@kde.org, you can post there, but we already know about those
>
> oops -- in the archives it's called kde-koffice@kde.org

I know, but I can't remember the name and e-mail of the guy that
takes care of lists.kde.org

> > printing (fonts) problems and missing zoom functionality. It's the current
> > discussion on that list.
> > Do people know that this great app was written by ONE very devoted guy ?
> > As long as there aren't more KOffice developers, the situation is not going
> > to improve much.
>
> I know that our Reggie-Clones did some fantastic work on kword. But
> unfortunately
> as soon as you go out beyond these mailing-lists and try to promote kword
> as a usable text-processing-tool no secretary will care about all the work that
> has been put into this nice app nor will she care about the fact that it has
> been
> created by ONE very devoted guy. She only expects to get a usable app and will
> very probably be quite disappointed sooner or later.
>  My e-mail was not about bashing nor whining. It's just about a real-world-
> usability-test including the results of it.

Ok, but unfortunately nothing new there.

I will definitely spend more time on koffice once konqueror is finished.
Hmm. Finished ? Does that word apply to a piece of software ? :)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org