List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Minor but binary incompatible kdelibs change
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-09 0:24:16

#if mosfet
> Yeah, KMenuBar is really simple now - pretty much just derives from
> QMenuBar and adds the Mac mode and a few customizations. Unless if
> someone wants to do something majorly different with the widget I don't
> see what else it would need to tell KStyle about in the near future. And
> if that does change we can always add it in the next batch of binary
> incompatible commits, it only really affects KStyle developers anyways
> (unless if I forget to commit a header - then it affects everyone ;-)

What I wanted to do was make something like KMainMenu that derives
from QMenuData, and then have KMainMenuUIBase that provides an
abstract base, which you then inherit from to provide a GUI. So
by default this would be a QMenuBar, but we could change it to
a QPopupMenu, or anything else we wanted. Being busy, though, I didn't
get around to it before the freeze, so I'll worry about it later.

Rik