List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Arts occupies sound device
From:       Toivo Pedaste <toivo () ucs ! uwa ! edu ! au>
Date:       2000-04-07 15:46:48

In local.kde.core you write:

>   Hi!

>First of all: why can they not become aRts aware? Real adapted their player
>at least to some degree to KDE1.x - if aRts can offer a C Api that is really
>easy to use, then I see no reason why Real shouldn't make their player aRts
>aware.

This is a quite unreasonable approach, you want sofftware that can
is usable with other software. not something that's stops  the other
software from running. If people install aRts and find that their current
software stops working they'll get rid of aRts again.
--
 Toivo Pedaste                        Email:  toivo@ucs.uwa.edu.au
 University Computing Services,       Phone:  +61 8 9 380 2605